The Gerriets GmbH - We love the challenge!Gerriets is a family company, which is now run by the third generation and is headquartered in Umkirch near Freiburg. In addition to five of its own subsidiaries in the United States, Great Britain, Austria, France and Poland, Gerriets has distributors and trading partners in more than 20 countries. Since the company was founded in 1946, the company has developed into a world market leader for theater, stage and event needs.
Overview of our portfolio
- Choice of over 700 flame retardant textiles, pre-fabricated or available by the meter;
- More than 20 different, high-quality front and rear projections for full-size or smooth-edged projection, also perforated or micro-perforated;
- Special 3D projection gauze HOLOGAUZE©;
- INVISCREEN® : highly transparent glass and window projection film;
- Semi-transparent projection materials;
- Fast high-end roller screens systems with unique carbon technology up to 30 m width;
- Custom-made track and masking systems;
- Track systems, highly complex technical systems and special solutions for stages, trade fairs and events:
- Track and technical systems that have been proven for years: TUBE & MEGASCREEN;
- Completely new products: BELT-TRACK;
- Innovative uses of existing products: CARGO track as a flybar;
- Re-design and noise optimisation of all CARGO MICRO trailing cable rollers incl. G3-Silence runners with ball-bearing;
- CARGO-MLD Moving Light Drive for moving light fixtures;
- New additions to product lines that have prospered for decades: TRUMPF 95 & KABUKI;
- Sound-reflecting, sound-damping and sound-absorbing textiles, also available as translucent, for variable room acoustics;
- Acoustically permeable projection materials;
- And many more.
Our sales and project departments
Our sales and project department has more than 40 employees, who serve both the daily needs of our customers as well as solutions for projects.
Our new acoustics department
In order to meet the increasing demands of a continuously growing acoustics market, a separate acoustics department was set up on 1st April, 2019. This enables us to process enquiries for office, interior design and acoustic curtains way faster and more specifically.
Our metal workshop
Here, our employees work on highly complex, technical installations and special constructions for the stage, trade fair and event area as well as on the production of large tracking systems for every application.
Our sewing workshop
In our sewing workshop, we tailor in high-precision handwork, from gold-covered decoration curtains, huge ceiling sails, velours hangings, tulle to cyclorama such as the well known Metropolitan Opera cyclorama in New York. However, also simple curtains are produced with the longest sewing robot in the world with the highest precision.
Our high-frequency welding
In our welding department, hundreds of thousands of high-quality projection and effect screens are welded every year. Almost invisible, fine welds are realized here on specially designed machines in high-frequency welding technology.
Our new production hall with stage tower
The heart of our new 2,000 m² production hall in Volgelsheim/ Alsace is a stage tower with over 14 m height, with which ready-made textiles such as curtains and tulles can undergo an even better quality control.
Our warehouse & shipping
Thanks to our modern logistics centre, which is more than 3,500 m² in size and equipped with the latest logistics software, short-term orders can be handled quickly and reliably.