VerA is the German association of exhibition designers and unites the disciplines of curation, architecture and scenography as well as text, graphics and audiovisual media.Exhibitions are a highly complex and versatile medium with increasing social relevance. As exhibition designers, we see ourselves as agents; a necessary intermediary between science and visitors.
The members of our professional association represent large, medium and small agencies as well as individual entrepreneurs. Associate members, such as institutions (museums, universities, manufacturing, etc.), and employees, participate in thematically.
VerA campaigns for the interests of its members in society and politics. We develop a common language for professional co-operation and work out competition, award and fee recommendations. VerA offers a communication platform and regular events such as regulars' tables, common museum visits, forums for exchange and networking. We are engaged in workshops and discussions, the Forum Exhibition Design and the Stuttgart Symposium (29 September 2017 "SCENOGRAPH + THE ART OF FIGURES"). We also represent our members at fairs and branch meetings (EXPONATEC COLOGNE, Mutec, Stage | Set | Scenery, DASA, FOCUS Brandenburg). For more information, visit www.vera-d.org.
Objective of the association
- Creation of a medium for internal and external communication
- Representation of members in politics and society
- Cooperation with public media, universities and other institutions
- Organization of events, workshops and trainings
- Conception of valid guidelines for the organization of competitions
- Creation of a basic structure for contracts on topics such as copyright, warranty, definition of scope of services, definition and remuneration of additional services, etc.
- Appointment of consultants, expert witnesses and mediators in case of conflict
- Career services/ mentoring in the selection of appropriate studies and further education
Social Media Links